Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving and Technology

Thanksgiving this year was very new, exciting, and different. Since we are all by ourselves out here and had nowhere to go for some good 'ol turkey dinner, and eating at a place was no option, I braved it and made the turkey dinner myself. Turkey and all! I was nervous as thanksgiving grew closer, but I was also very excited.

Thanksgiving started with Harold playing in the ward turkey bowl (football) game, while I made the pumpkin and banana cream pie. After the game I started on my turkey. While the turkey was cooking we had to scrabble around a little bit to try to find a way to watch some live football to watch while the turkey was cookin, I mean what is thanksgiving without a football game? Even if its in the background while cookin? Something is missing without it, However we were lucky enough to find this site that shows like all these sports online live. So we got the football and then the turkey was done. :) I was very happy with how it turned out! However, I was not happy that our camera decided to break at the very moment I really wanted to use it! grrr. So alas, i have no pictures of my very first delicious turkey dinner. I managed to cook the turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, veggies, and 2 pies. The missionaries came over and joined us for dinner. It was nice to have some people over..and that way we didn't have soooo many leftovers, but i kinda felt bad for them. They had already eatin 2 thanksgiving dinners! a Tongan one and a Samoan. haha so I guess they musta wanted an American one I suppose. They are both from Utah, so it was kinda funny, we talked about things and places back home. kinda random how they are both from Utah and so are we.

Anywho, all and all i.t turned out very good and we were happy. We still missed being with our families, but it was really nice to have a warm thanksgiving, I wanted to go to the beach after dinner and soak up some sun, but it went down to fast, So instead we settled for a movie and let our stomachs slowly digest all the yummy food. hehe.

btw, anyone seen wall-e? I started watching it, and only made it through half of it cause the disc was too scratched and we couldn't watch the end.. but, I like it. it made me happy, but I found it interesting that there is hardly any clear words, but you can understand what they are saying because of the actions of the robots...very tricky. If you put captions on its like...what...they are saying all that?!? haha funny, but you should watch it! :D

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

Oh man! Your dinner sounds amazing! And I am now very hungry just reading about it...I think it should be Thanksgiving again! haha

Liz T. said...

If you have visited my blog lately, then you have seen the We ♥ Wall•E banner in the top right corner. We love that show and watch it often. Way to go on making everything yourself, you are so cute and funny.

Liz T. said...

Is your life bleak?
Well, I try to update once or more a week!
Don't be a bump on log,
Still visit my private blog!!!

Now that my family blog is private, it does not show when I last updated. Please still check us out! If you did not receive an invitation to view my family blog, please email me at lizmthibault@gmail.com