Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Santa Clause can fly

Tonight Harold and I went to the Ritz-Carlton hotel in Kapalua to go see the first of many tree lighting ceremonies. This one boasted 250,000 lights to be turned on by a special keiki (child). They had free hot chocolate (it was burnin hot, they weren't kidding!), coffee...which I almost drank cause I couldnt see, but my sniffer warned be before it got any further, and delicious fruit punch. and all the free sugar cookies your stomach could handle. When we arrived some children were putting on a hawaiian music show, it was cute. Then there was a guy who performed some songs for us, and he was really really good.

While sitting in the grass drinking my hot cocoa in the 70 degree weather while Christmas music played, it just didnt feel like Christmas...wheres the cold??? my brain thought... Christmas just doesn't feel like Christmas without the snow to me. So, Utah better be getting some snow for my return!!!

After the entertainment, they brought the special chosen child to come pull the switch and turn the lights on. Excitement was building as the countdown neared the magical 1-0 stage, and then the lights were turned on. Now...when I heard 250,000 lights...my brain imagined alot of lights lit up everywhere...but I was kinda dissapointed tonight. I mean, all the palm trees covered in lights up to the top of the trunk were cool...but just not as cool and as many as I thought... so that was kinda sad. However, that was the only let down of the night, Santa came and made it better.

After the lights were turned on, Harold and I started walking up the courtyard cause Santa was coming, and we wanted to leave before everyone else. But, they kept showing the spotlights in the sky to show Santa coming, so I wanted to stick around and see how santa arrived. All of a sudden you see these falling lights from the sky, SANTA JUMPED OUT OF A PLANE AND PARACHUTED DOWN TO THE BEACH, might I add that it is at night! It was pret-ty impressive, he had 3 reindeer elves go first and then he came down. We had heard a helecopter or plane above us but didn't think much of it, but...after it made sense. Everyone there was impressed with Santas arrival to the party. Who knew santa could fly without a sled? hahaha

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Fun! You guys need to get that camera fixed when you come back here, I want some pictures! haha :)

Liz T. said...

You are coming back? YAY!!! I love when people come back from Hawaii. Hubby moved back from Hawaii 6 years ago, and it is still one of the happiest days of my life. Hawaiian Christmases sound nice, but I am glad to have the mountains. Enjoy the warm weather and clean air before coming back! Much love.