Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Back in Hawaii and much much more!

So I have been severly hanicapped the last little while in updating this blog. First I don't have a computer here anymore, it is in some workshop getting fixed in Utah, Second, I dont' have a working camera anymore :( ours has been bitten by the "lens error" monster and needs to be sent to California to be fixed. So they will be hardly any pictures on here for quite some time. boring I know. well... here a brief update of our last month or so.


Life has been crazy and beautiful with the last Month or so. We made our trip to Utah and it was everything I was dreaming it would be. The snow was very pretty on the big mountains, I had missed my mountains., they were fantastic and better that I had remembered. Volcanoes just don't cut it for me. sorry Hawaii. ;) It was so nice being able to see ALL of my family! I was so happy to spend time with every single one of em, I miss you all! It was incredibily fun to hangout with some friends! It had been oh so long since I had seen thier happy fun faces. We played a fun new game called chair soccer, genius whoever created it, met some new people, ate some new/old good good food, and I read quite a few books on my vacation. I'm now trying to get a library card so I can ransack the tiny library to continue my reading adventures. :) However, the task of proving I live here is quite difficult since I pay no bills here. :S

Being back in Hawaii has been a little cold. In the 60's. Which is not cold in Utah standards, but quite chilly in Hawaii standards. haha it kinda confused me, I was in Utah in the 20 degree weather, and then back to Hawaii's 80's, then the 60's felt cold...hum. interesting to me. Its been cloudy and raining here, which feels nice for a change. However, the sun is bright and hot today! perfect for the weekend!

After being back at work for 2 days, my job ended. We completed the tasks the main contractor needed and the crew and I were sent home. It was kinda crazy. Deep down I kinda wanted to be a house wife here, and now that I am it feels wierd. But, our apartment is very clean, and the meals are much better. haha. Now i'm job hunting again...makes me nervous since I haven't done it since...high school I believe. I've been very lucky with jobs, and now I'm back to square one. It kinda sucks to be in this place with the economy being so bad, but I suppose I'm just like the other million jobless searchers out there. :( Wish us all luck ;)

I can't really think of anything else to write about my last month. So I'll leave with this deep thought that has been weighing on my mind. (bear with me, its kinda confusing to explain)

-Within the mind we have our subconscious and our conscious. Sometimes the subconscious needs to control the body while the conscious is busy thinking or doing other things. When this occurs and information needs to be transferred from the subconscious to the conscious urgently or not urgently, but either way needs to be brought to the attention of the conscious, does the subconscious send the specific information to the conscious, or is the conscious aware of what the subconscious thinks and pulls out the information it finds important or useful? What is the pattern for communication between the two? Do they both send and recieving, or is it set, or is it random?

I hope that made some sort of sense. I know I should probably be asking a psychologist this, and I cant remember much from my days in psychology, but any insight would be cool to hear. haha, I'll probably be posting more questions like this since my mind has been very busy creating them.

Toodles ;)

1 comment:

Liz T. said...

There are so many theories on the subconcious. I vote for a cross between all of them, and I definitely think God has a lot to do with it a lot of the time.

Glad you had a great trip. Good luck with the job search!