Thursday, November 6, 2008

Halloween Parties

So this is like super late. haha enjoy anywho...


So this Halloween we went to 2 parties. I dressed up as a 50's girl (maybe it was 60's... not sure which era) and Harold went as a 70's guy. haha We had alot of fun with our outfits, and I was totally into my wig. I always wanted to cut my hair that short in high school, just never had the guts, so it was fun to have it for a day. The first one we went to was our ward Halloween party. It was fun, we had some good food and did trunk or treat for the kids. After the trunk or treat we had a variety show, it was funny.

---Party 2---
After the church party we headed down to Front Street. Apparently, this is the place to be for Halloween, every year there are a ton of people. However, the year that we are here the Hawaiian council decided that they didn't Front Street to have their annual huge party and did not approve various permits. So, while the party was slimmed down and we HAD to stay on the sidewalks, there were still plenty of interesting, shocking outfits presented down there. Some people are very brave, and I was surprised at the number of older people that were dressed up down there. Very entertaining. Very hilarious. We spent they night walking up and down front street talking with people, taking pictures, and laughing at the costumes and laughing out of shock. haha.

One of my favorites was this manly duo who dressed up as Richard Simmons and the other as his overwieght lady client. haha They would put on little exercise demos for people which were hilarious. They both really played their parts perfectly.

There was this lady who dressed as Lady Liberty and stood on this post for hours at a time just frozen there.


And of course politicians

and don't miss Chuck Norris haha I dont think this guy was dressed up at all, I think he just looks alot like him. haha



The Smurf

Harold was super excited to see this one. The guy dressed up as "Chapolim Colorado"


and last but not least, the only name I can think of for her is Pillow Girl. haha


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you lots!!!!!! Looks like you had fun :D I wish I could come visit!!!!!! It has been so cold and rainy here.

I miss you!!!
xox

Liz T. said...

I don't know how I missed your latest posts. This is totally awesome! I love pillow girl. The costumes were all incredible, people really do "hang loose" over there. Wow, to have a warm Halloween.